Saturday, April 09, 2005

saunatized

If you're not used to taking naps, they can be extremely disorienting. Beware. I must have slept for three hours! I'm really not supposed to work saturdays, but my school is twisting my contract in order to require it about every other saturday. I showed "Legally Blonde" and had them fill in the blanks of a worksheet I made. ;O) I taught them how to say, "Hey girls, this party is super fun!" Some kids got up during the movie and were looking out the window for several minutes. I made it pretty clear that if they don't want to be there, then they can leave. I don't care. Just don't do that. You've not seen stern until you've attended my class. You gotta be with these kids. At noon I went home. The rain pattered against my window like little toy hammers beating tiny plastic nails, while I hibernated most of the afternoon. I'm getting ready to brew up some barley tea. I drink that stuff like there's no tomorrow! I took a shower, not because I needed one, mind you, but because I wanted to be warmer... completely saunitized my bathroom. (made up a new verb, means to make like a sauna)

The saunas here are everywhere and very cheap. I hear that they're excellent, but I've never been to one. You do have to be naked in front of everyone, though, which I wouldnt mind so much as long as it's not in my neighborhood. There's no way I'm going to one around here and give wings to the chance that one of my 500 students could see me naked! Yikes. From what I've heard, western women have no problems going to a sauna, and nobody stares at you. Western guys however, now that's another story for reasons that a lady need not detail.

You know what song gets stuck in my head? "Invisible Touch" by Genesis. Reminds me of olden days. I've been eating an inordinate amount of grilled cheese and egg salad sandwiches alternately lately... Time to head out to dinner somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home