Tuesday, April 12, 2005

sea weed soup

Lunch: Sticky purple rice with salty sea weed papers, sea weed soup, some kind of seasoned clams, fried kimchi, and a little plastic container of liquid yogurt. Most people finish off their meal with a little bowl of water that has been sweetened by clumps of rice in it, but I choose black coffee from the little machine on the counter. American blood gets the better of me.

They will not allow us to use the heater in our office, because some of the lights were flickering on our floor yesterday and they had to send some students home. There is no logic in the request for us not to use our heater. We've been using all the time since I've been here and the lights never flickered. My guess is that there's something wrong with the lights themselves. (These lights are in the classrooms far away from our office)...
I taught my English Listening class today with the help of Annie Lennox ("Waiting in Vain") and Daniel Bedingfield ("If You're not the One") which has personal significance for me. Here's a clue: Next time do not choose songs to which you are personally attached. It's like inviting strangers into your living room for tea ;o)

Tonight: Tuna melt, work, shower, candlelit teatime, sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home