Sunday, June 19, 2005

Mushroom Soup

Sunday evening and I've eaten 800 cc of mushroom soup. I guess when you want something you want it, especially when you're feeling raw and exhausted. I spent saturday in Seoul with Miss New Zealand and later our new Korean friend Lucy. I had lunch at the Burger King in Itaewon, then went upstairs to the salon for a couple hours, then with Rochelle to Geckos. She had lunch and then we went about looking for travel agents. After that it was time to eat again ;o) Chicken quesadillas at Panchos, as pictured below. They make Midori Margaritas! My sister says that all the pictures I send out make it look like there's nothing to do in Korea but eat and drink. I dare not answer that statement. But let me just say that I miss home and I appreciate the proximity of Mexico to our great land.

After this we took the train to Hongdae to meet up with Lucy. A friend suggested that we try Mary Jane's bar, which we found by accident, though we had directions. (I'm terrible at reading maps and following directions. That's why I need my boyscout. :O) Free beers and jello shots for the ladies. Then we were off to the club for dancing. All in all it was a good time, but I was pretty much molested on the dance floor by a soldier and that was very unpleasant. Some of them are extremely ill-mannered, but I love soldiers in general. They are precious in their own way and are some of the bravest men and women I've ever known. My best friend from high school was a soldier, and I shamelessly promote her blog at every opportunity. ;o) Go ninja girl. Anyway, that guy at the club was just a pervatron. But we had a good time anyway. Some people pulled me up onto the stage to dance with the other crazies. I tried to get down, but they decided that that wasn't really an option. hehe. During the time we were there I was pretty much indefatigable, but suddenly I became bored and thirsty and wanted to leave.

The others came along, including a Korean guy who had made friends with the other two girls. He wanted us to go eat Korean food with him and his friends. There are many Korean foods that I cannot even stand the smell of on a good day, let alone at 3:30 a.m. They were all standing around a bit indecisive and nobody seemed to have a preference, so I said, "No thanks. Since nobody has a strong opinion, I'll let you know what mine is. I don't want to even smell Korean food. I want to go somewhere that we can drink water." So off we went to a coffee shop. I drank a glass of water and promptly fell asleep until the subway started running in the morning. I was awakened by my friends saying, "Time to go, Princess," which apparently is my nickname born out of affection and annoyance mixed in equal parts, I'm sure. Incidently, it's also the actual meaning of my name. Sorry. American girls are spoiled. Hongdae is ugly at 5 a.m., let me tell you - fliers littered everywhere, young people making their way home looking as though a giant rolling pin had sweeped through there and flattened them all. I took the train home and then took a much-needed shower. I may or may not have another. Heck, I'm going to post a picture of my shower, since I talk about it all the time. ;o)



So guys, I'd like to work for the GAP or Starbucks or some yuppie company like that doing PR and/or quality control (in a non-scientific area, of course). Let me know if you hear of any openings. For now, I'll be okay. I dont have to come to school for finals, which start in two weeks. I also don't have to teach class for the next two weeks- just interview students for an oral exam from the comfort of my office chair. Should be relaxing.



4 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, June 19, 2005, Blogger Miss Marjie said...

I gotta say, that's a damn fine looking shower. If I had a shower like that, I would take lots of showers, too.

 
At 7:52 PM, June 20, 2005, Blogger kushibo said...

Nice bathroom. I second the idea of interior decorating.

Was that Campbell's chicken soup? That's an awful lot of sodium.

 
At 1:43 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Sarah Nadine said...

That's not even the best picture of my shower! It has its own shower-head, not just the detachable one. I consider myself very very blessed with this shower. No complaints here. ;o)

No, it wasnt campbell's chicken soup. It was mushroom soup. um...

Decorating... it was all entirely by accident and fortune that it matches. All I know is that I feel calm in there, and the colors feel right.

 
At 7:27 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger kushibo said...

Sorry. Brain fart of some kind.

I meant Campbell's mushroom soup. Because I'm always confusing mushrooms and chickens.

That stuff has... [checks label]... 900 mg of sodium!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home