Thursday, June 16, 2005

Window to the Dollhouse

Tranquility, luminosity, intuition...such is the terrain of my mind when I'm in the refuge of my shower. If you've read this blog for any amount of time, you will find that I mention my water sanctuary far too often ;o) It easily makes the list of top 10 places for me.

So last night I came home after work, fried a couple eggs, and chit chatted to the boy before running off to tkd practice. Afterwards, late night shopping. I spent way too long at the make-up store, trying on every shade of glittery eye shadow, finally settling on one. I also picked up some Mint foot scrub. Starting taekwondo again has meant the end of pretty feet for awhile.:o( At least on the bottoms. This can be remedied with baby oil, lotions, and foot scrubs. I tried it in the shower last night, and it smells divine!

(Mint foot scrub pictured below along with other necessities for living in this season.)
(also pictured: my "Evening at Home" candle that has three layers: Scented Bath Salts, Warm Hearth, and Clean Linen. This is the culprit candle that caught some things on fire in my apartment a couple nights ago. For some reason I have this intense, involuntary propensity for accidental house fires. Christmas Day last year, my boyfriend's garbage, smoke, flames, yelling... "Woman, what are you trying to do? Burn my place down?" hehe. The matches in the photo are from the Hard Rock Cafe in Fukuoka, which, much to my horror, chills their cabernet sauvignon to near freezing.)

Tonight: Work Dinner Party. Sam-gye-tang!! Oh baby, oh baby... A most irresistable Korean dinner for me. (for those of you not in Korea, it's like small chicken served in a bowl of rice soup with a lingering ginseng flavor, spring onions, and lots of course salt) Saturday in Seoul. The Salon, Shopping, Travel Agents, Dinner and Drinks, maybe Dancing. I want to buy some of those paper lanterns but not for like 40,000 in touristy districts like Insadong. It's possible that I may want to buy 10 of them. Where can I find them? Indulge me, wise ones.




4 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Miss Marjie said...

As I recall, you set the stove on fire once just trying to boil water...

 
At 2:19 PM, June 17, 2005, Blogger twilight said...

I refuse to believe that there is a place called Fukuoka.

 
At 7:46 PM, June 18, 2005, Blogger Aaron said...

What is it with foreigners and samgyetang? It's not bad and I eat my share of it, but really, it's just chicken soup with some wood chips thrown in. I've never understood when wayguks go on about it like it fell from heaven. To each her own, though, right? Enjoy.

As for your lanterns...Have you tried Namdaemun? Or perhaps some of the areas around Insadong, but off the main shopping drag? I bought some art supplies down there and they were much cheaper and of a better quality in the warehouses a few streets over (in the general direction of Dongdaemun, not by Jogyesa). Helps to take a Korean person who knows either the area, language or both.

 
At 6:54 AM, June 19, 2005, Blogger Sarah Nadine said...

Maybe waygooks like it because it's one of the few dishes that doesnt taste like crap. ;o) That's true for this waygook's palate anyway. Thanks for the tip. I will try the side streets of Insadong later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home