Monday, April 18, 2005

amid these

It's a grey, rainy afternoon here in Bucheon, and I'm home sick. A wicked sore throat gripped me yesterday, and I couldn't sleep, nor swallow all night long. In the morning, after calling my Korean co-teacher to tell him I would not be joining them at school today, I popped a vicodin that I had left over from getting my wisdom teeth out. I passed out and slept until 2 in the afternoon. Sometimes you just know you'd get better if you could only get some sleep. Awake now. Went to the pharmacy, picked up the Korean version of Dayquil, some soup, and some bread. Nobody has to twist my arm to get me to stay home sick ;o) You won't hear me saying, "Don't worry about me- I'll be fine *cough,cough* Just dandy." Ah, no, rather, "... of the questions of these recurring; Of the endless trains of the faithless--of cities fill'd with the foolish;...O me! so sad, recurring--What good amid these, O me, O life?" (walt whitman)..."Could someone bring me a fluffier pillow, please?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home