Sunday, July 03, 2005

Fire Breath

Lunch was some kind of fish and spicy soup with lots of tofu and cucumbers. yay! When I arrived in the lunchroom, there was nobody there, so I just served myself. I'm pretty used to not ever knowing what's going on. Okay so now I have fire breath. Time to get out the Arm and Hammer gum. My co-workers all keep towels, toothpaste, and toothbrushes here at school. One day, the girl who sits next to me asked, "Sarah, I'm sorry to ask this but where is your toothbrush?" Where do ya think, lady? At home with my pillow! We had a good laugh about that one. Sometimes I feel like we're all the same age, but in reality, all these teachers are over 30 and I'm the youngest one here. They're rarely patronizing or condescending, but from time to time I get the feeling that I am really just the school's foreigner mascot. They know I'm not a real teacher. I've been instructed to play Friends episodes for my classes today and tomorrow, since it's finals week. My purpose for being here is to promote interest in English. They don't care what I teach, so it takes some of the pressure off.
My boyfriend arrives from America on wednesday and then we're going to the east coast of Korea for a little vacation. :o) It's like Christmas in July, and I can hardly sleep.
There's no Americans around here to celebrate with, but Happy Independence Day to all of you!

2 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, July 04, 2005, Blogger Nate said...

Yea Happy 4th! A friend of my sister messaged me saying "Happy 4th" and I was like... you're probably the only person who will say that to me today. Hehe.

Oh yea and I've been here for just 7 months but I think my body is getting used to spicy food...

 
At 5:20 PM, July 10, 2005, Blogger Juggy said...

I hope you had "fun" with your boyfriend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home