Friday, July 29, 2005

Your Bubble Gum Tongue

Home Again. Mountain Spring Tide is delicious. My clothes have never been happier. My mom let me move into her other house that's being remodeled for her office. It's very quiet and clean over there. What's next? Who knows? For now I'll lay out in the back yard, wear my pink skirt, paint my toenails, and carry on my morning coffee rituals with Starbucks and cups and saucers.I told my mom today that I want to find a church in McMinnville to go to. She said, "Have you thought about Coast Hills?"
me: "What's that? Do they dance around all crazy like there?"
mom: "I don't think so."
me: "But that's the kind I'm looking for."
mom: "Well then, I dont know what to tell you."

hehe. Where's the party? It's so hot here, in the 90's. I love it! Some of my ancestors are island people. I think I could do the island life. Every day is a tank top day, and every night is sultry. Tonight I had salmon and marionberry cobbler for dinner. That reads like Laura Ingalls Wilder's diary. Except maybe she didn't eat salmon. Maybe she ate prarie dog. So how's America these days? Upon returning home I can feel that the spirit of fatherlessness in America is more pervasive than ever, but there is something brewing deep beneath the surface of communities all over this nation. The One who blesses America will no longer tolerate the destruction that is being brought about by an ophan spirit that has settled on the emerging generation. He's not tired, He's not frustrated, He's not weak, and He's not low in supply. He's ready for action.

When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the LORD will take care of me.
A father of the fatherless,
a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
God sets the solitary in families;
He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;
Assyria shall not save us,
We will not ride on horses,
Nor will we say anymore to the work of our hands, ‘You are our gods.’
For in You the fatherless finds mercy.
“ I will heal their backsliding,
I will love them freely,
"For My anger has turned away from him."

Pslam 27:10; Psalm 68:5,6; Hosea 14:3,4

3 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, July 30, 2005, Blogger Miss Marjie said...

I have gone to Coast Hills when it was first starting up and met in the High School. They're not really pentacostal. They're more of an energetic new church with lots of young people and younger middle aged ones. You know, heavy on the praise and worship...but NOT speaking in tongues dancing, etc.

 
At 12:28 PM, July 31, 2005, Blogger Sarah said...

Congrats on coming home! Keep posting those poingnant entries.

 
At 11:32 PM, August 17, 2008, Blogger misshell said...

Hey did you ever try coast hills? if you did I would be curious to know what you thought?, I live here in mac too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home