Monday, July 11, 2005

Leaving Korea

It is time for me to leave Korea. My boyfriend has come to take me away and we're leaving in about a week. I'll be going back to Oregon for awhile to stay with my mom. Korea has been an interesting, though exceedingly difficult, time in my life.

If there is anyone reading this blog who is in Korea looking for a job, please let me know. I am supposed to find my replacement by the end of this week. This is a public high school position. During summer school you will only be teaching 12 hours/week, for which you are still paid full salary. So there is lots of time for preparation and they will not require you to be at the school a full 40 hours. During the regular school year you will be teaching a maximum of 24 hours/week Mon-Fri with an occasional saturday morning (once/month) that is paid as overtime. The hours are 8:30-4:30. The school provides you with a laptop, which is helpful for passing some of the free time. Vacation time is 2 weeks in summer and 2 weeks in winter, all paid, but you will also get mid-terms and finals off which all adds up to another month of vacation. The accomodations are fantastic, a brand new furnished officetel with a loft. See photos here. Two other foreigners live on the same floor of my building, and they are very sweet. :o) Salary is always paid on time and directly deposited into your bank account. Leave a comment with your email in it for further details.

As ESL jobs go, this is an excellent one. I'm just moving into a new season of my life and need to go home. Also, I had never tried teaching before and I discovered that I don't enjoy it. After I finish on Friday, I will have five more days for site-seeing and packing. Thursday night is salsa dancing with my boy and Friday is sparring night at tkd. Then the weekend, followed by a brief visit to the pension office on monday. Insadong, palaces in seoul, lots of spicy bbq chicken... not a bad vacation. :o)

2 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, July 12, 2005, Blogger peemil said...

That's a suprise for the evening.

 
At 3:25 PM, July 18, 2005, Blogger Aaron said...

Back to McMinnville, then?

Well, don't worry. I can personally assure you that the meth kitchens and Turkey Rama haven't gone anywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home