Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Hibernation Northwest Bachelorette Style

I had my first visit to the grocery store since returning home from Korea, after which I was so blissfully grateful to be in America. Prior to the shopping excursion I had quite an emotional evening and arrived at Safeway red-eyed and puffy-faced in my pajamas and a ratty ponytail. I was delighted to find that the Safeway worker guys were courteous and pleasant. Two of them asked if I was finding everything I needed and if in fact I was having a nice day. Well, no, but you're kind to inquire, young man. The cashier bid me farewell with, "Thank you for shopping at Safeway, Miss Coffey. May I help you carry your bags to your car?" That won't be necessary, thank you.

I bought the food necessary to hibernate in my cave for the time being: chicken soup, mushroom soup, sourdough breadbowls, cheddar cheese chili, milk, yogurts (needed me some Tillamook), granola bars, vanilla almond shredded oat cereal, asiago cheese bagels, cream cheese, frozen pizzas, and an Odwalla bar. Who knew Odwalla was putting it in a bar now? Celestial Seasonings was having a buy one get one free deal on their teas, so I picked up the Perfectly Pear White Tea and the classic Tension Tamer. These are guaranteed to ensure fewer tearful calls to Spiderman, a more patient attitude towards my mother, and an unusually calm PMS week for all parties concerned.

2 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, August 21, 2005, Blogger Zinga said...

Sarah, it looks like Lo got to you before I did. :) As Laura said, you are linked to my site (both your blogspot and misscoffey.com). A couple of my friends have a site of their own. By the way, welcome back to the US! I will be back (as will Lo) in November.

 
At 1:30 PM, August 23, 2005, Blogger Miss Marjie said...

I love the odwalla drinks. I haven't had the bars, but I like the Strawberry C Monster and the Echinacea wellness drink. Blueberry is good, too. It is a shame those drinks cost so much though, but it is full of yummy real fruit, so I suppose it's worth it. Anyway... uh, yeah. Yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home