Monday, August 01, 2005

Peeping Toms

McMinnville local news. There was a peeping tom next door at the neighbor's house the other night. I was walking over to my mom's other house, where I am staying alone, 7lb. laptop in my arms, and a bag of snack food loaded on top of that. I saw the man walking across the sidewalk and back between our house and theirs. My first instinct told me that he's some kind of pervert, but I had no idea who he was or if he lived there. Whaddaya know, but the neighbor lady comes screaming out the door and the man scampers away like a rabbit. She told me to go run after him. I looked at her, dumb-founded, quite obviously loaded up with things to carry home. Besides, he could have had a weapon. Apparently, he was peeping in her daughter's bedroom window. When I stood there without moving, she called to her son to get the car keys so they could go hunt him down, and then proceeded to yell, "I got your picture!" into the darkness where he disappeared. They eventually called the cops, and I did a telephone interview with them, as I was the only one to have seen him.
cops: "So, what did he look like?"
me: "I didn't get a real good look at him, because it was dark. I know he was wearing a white tank top, and he had a beer belly. I'm pretty sure he wasn't black. It seemed like he wasn't wearing shoes, but then again maybe he was. He ran pretty fast for a fat guy."

No, despite that excellent description, they did not catch the culprit ;o) Afterwards I vowed to hang up curtains over at my place, which is still being remodeled and presently has no curtains whatsoever in any of the rooms.

I drove for the first time in about five months. Wow, I never realized how much I brake with my tiptoes. If I'm going to live in this land, I think I will be needing a vehicle at some point in time. I really enjoyed not having one, but that golden Camelot era of my life may soon be over for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home