Sunday, May 22, 2005

Dustbuster Weekend

Sunday evening and I'm waiting for my nails to dry before I head up to bed. We had a little Dave's ESL teachers gathering on Friday night, and here are pictures. I promised I'd post some. The first one is Dan hugging me and Rochelle. He likes to get pictures of himself hugging people. hehe :O) He was on his way back to America and was stopping through Seoul. A very sweet, quirky guy with an unusual sense of humor but very genuine. He ate the leftovers off of my plate. I had a dear friend in college who would eat off of people's plates, and for some reason I find it so endearing. It's interesting, you'd think you would meet a lot of foreigners like that here in Korea who are confident and unafraid to just relax and be themselves, but that's not usually the case. It makes me a little sad, because far too often the ones I meet are full of insecurity and issues, and I just wish I could gather them up and feed them tuna melts at my place and make them feel safe in the world. I know that's ridiculous. But anyway, friday was refreshingly different and there were some really kind, interesting teachers there. The second picture is of all of us at the table.







So thanks guys for a great time. :o) You're all very sweet. In other news, I bought a used dustbuster this weekend! I was so excited, because Korea is so dirty and I find myself wanting to clean my place every ten minutes. Saturday I met Rochelle in Kagnam and we took the dustbuster with us to eat mushroom/proscitto pizza, then to Bupyeong to have white chocolate mochas at Starbucks. We went shopping at one of the ubiquitous make-up stores in the area and bought several items. When we left the store we were so conscious of how much we were beaming and how buying that stuff can really lift your spirits. It's not easy to be two little ladies in a foreign country. I know that my God protects me, but sometimes I feel so vulnerable here. Doing things that we would do back home is really good for the soul. Next weekend I kind of want to stay in the neighborhood, sleep in, buy a whole chicken and have wine and soup and croissants. Is it possible to know what mood you're going to be in next weekend?... We'll see. :O)

4 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, May 22, 2005, Blogger Nate said...

Wow, you're all beautiful people. ;P Looks like it was fun.

 
At 7:15 AM, May 23, 2005, Blogger Juggy said...

Ah, it was an odd mix. Honestly, i haven't been to too many "Daves" outting but that one did have a bit of an awkward vibe to it.

everyone was friendly, it just seemed that there was a big divergence of interests there.

 
At 3:05 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger Sarah Nadine said...

Well, I didn't have very high expectations for it. I mean, it was what it was. I came to eat Mexican food, but my burrito tasted like..well, not a burrito. So I just tried to enjoy the people there. We should have gone somewhere more lively, smoky, dirty, and with better food.

 
At 8:18 PM, June 02, 2005, Blogger Beloved Leader said...

Mmm...are you going to finish that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home